New notebook

I'm about to retire my current Beef Jerky Time playlist notebook because it's full. Tonight's show (3/19/08) had to be written on the inside back cover because there were no pages left. I've written down all my playlists since my very first radio show over 5 years ago (just before the war started). I have one other notebook that starts with my first show ever, The Mixed Tape Revue, plus a lot of Makin' Candy, my show for a couple years afterward on ye olde rfb. So I'm finally closing this second (green) notebook. Looking back, I see the first entry is for the 6/26/04 edition of Makin' Candy, with still-current favorites twinkling in that ancient list--Stars, Club 8, The Sea & Cake, Cat Power, Yo La Tengo, Memphis, Fred Astaire.

So I'm putting notebook #2 in the vault. And I'm posting my last 2 playlists at once to finish things off. Looking forward a fresssssh notebook nexxt week!

3/12/08 show


3/19/08 show
  • Les Artistes: Santogold
  • Guyamas Sonora: Beirut
  • Bang On: The Breeders
  • DVNO: Justice

  • Faberge Falls for Shuggie: Of Montreal
  • Aht Uh Mi Hed: Shuggie Otis
  • Thank You for the Music: ABBA
  • Empty Bottles: Reed KD
  • Supernatural Superserious: R.E.M.
  • Harbercoat: R.E.M.
  • Second, Minute or Hour: Jack Peñate
  • Why Do You Let Me Stay Here: She & Him
  • Little Bit: Lykke Li
  • In Transit: Albert Hammond, Jr.
  • I Steal and Do Drugs: hollAnd

No comments: