The first frost warning I covered the tomatoes. It didn't freeze.
The second frost warning I did nothing. It didn't freeze.
The third frost warning I cut all the green and half-ripe tomatoes off the plants. I packed them in layers in cardboard boxes, with newspaper between each layer. They'll off-gas next to each other and help each other get ripe. It didn't freeze.
Then I remembered my butternut squashes. I cut them off the vines and let them "cure" in the garden for a couple days.
The fourth frost warning I dug up and potted a parsley plant and cut most of the rest of the parsley. I rubber-banded it in bunches. I stashed it in the crisper to use or give away. I also brought in the butternut squashes. I put them in a box in the front closet (hoping it's cool & dry there). I brought in the 2 houseplants I'd forgotten were on the porch. It didn't freeze.
Playlist from Beef Jerky Time 9*16*08:
- Strange Things Happen Every Day: Olu Dara
- Mandinka: Sinead O'Connor
- Spring: St. Etienne
- Rasputin: Boney M
- Big Time Sensuality: Bjork
- More Than Words: Roxy Music
- Early Hours: Strung Out
- What Have I Done to Deserve This: Pet Shop Boys f/Dusty Springfield
- A Selection: Fishbone
- What's the Use of Getting Sober (When You're Gonna Get Drunk Again): Joe Jackson
- (White Man) In Hammersmith Palais: The Clash
- Sorted for E's & Wizz: Pulp
- Take My Heart Away: Johnny Clegg & Savuka
- Dil Nasheen: Bas Itna Sa Khawab Hai s/t