Busy July

The heat makes my brain stop working. Seems to me that in my winter posts, I mention that the cold stops my brain too. So the only times of year when I can think are possibly spring and fall. Will have to remember to try thinking about that then.

There will be no Beef Jerky Time on July 23, but I'll be back on the 30th with an ALL-BECK special edition, to celebrate the release of his latest, Modern Guilt. Keep it tuned to wvew.org for all your community radio needs. Here are some recent playlists--happy Bastille day & stuff!

Playlist 7*9*08
  • Happy Hour: The Housemartins
  • Messenger: Pinback
  • Naked As We Came: Iron & Wine
  • Voila l'été: Les Negresses Vertes
  • Banquet: Bloc Party
  • You Can't Push Me Away: The Sinking Ships
  • Keep Your Eyes Ahead: The Helio Sequence
  • Crawlspace: Beastie Boys
  • Bookshop Casanova: The Clientele
  • London Bridge: Fergie
  • Baby Boy: Crystal Skulls
  • Let Me Go Where My Pictures Go: Ludus
  • Shaded Forest: Deastro
  • Valerie: Steve Winwood

Playlist 7*15*08
  • D.A.N.C.E.: Justice
  • Poison (Van She Tech remix): Martina Topley-Bird
  • Walk Like An Egyptian: The Bangles
  • L.E.S. Artistes (XXXChange remix): Santogold
  • Destroy Everything You Touch: Ladytron
  • The Underdog: Spoon
  • Monkey Woopie Song: The Wiyos
  • Birds of Prey: Von Iva
  • Rainbowarriors: CocoRosie
  • Future: Cut Copy
  • Merry Making at My Place: Calvin Harris
  • Balloons: Foals
  • Can I Get Get Get: Junior Senior
  • Ezy Ryder: Jimi Hendrix

No comments: