Also my nutrition has not been great. I eat healthy foods until about 5:30 pm, and then I start inhaling pretzels or crackers or goldfish or anything crunchy and carby that I can get my hands on. I am so busy during the day that sometimes I actually eat a toddler pouch for lunch because it seems like the fastest, healthiest thing I'm going to get!
|Lunch is served! SUPER CHIA!|
One positive thing I've been doing this month is the annual Pile on the Miles challenge, organized by Run Eat Repeat (you rock Monica!). I did it last year, and this time I've signed up for twice the mileage--90 miles!
Why double my miles? 2013 has been the Year of the Long Run. I had never run more than about 6 miles before 2013, but now I am consistently putting down 9 or 10 miles a weekend and it feels normal. To boost my monthly total to 90 miles this month, I've also added an extra running day. The average week looks like this:
- Monday evening, homemade boot camp with kettle bell, weights, etc.
- Tuesday morning, group track workout, 6 miles total
- Wednesday morning, Spin for cross training
- Thursday morning, 3 miles flat and easy (extra day for this month)
- Friday morning, 4+ miles with hills
- Saturday morning, sleep in
- Sunday late morning, 9 miles or more long run
I hope your November has been good so far!