Ipsy Glam Bag Review: October 2016

This post is not about the recent US election. It's about a glam bag from Ipsy, which is my monthly beauty subscription.




For the "Black Magic" October theme, the bag was a Halloween theme by Valfré. So cute!



Each bag has 5 products. October's haul was a sample lipstick, blush/shadow, lip scrub, leave-in hair conditioner, and concealer pencil.




Quick review:

I like the Hot Mama blush/shadow and actually already had a sample of it from somebody else's Birch Box subscription. I use it as an eye shadow; it has a nice gold shimmer.

The concealer pencil by Nudestix is OK, but I'm not convinced it stays on my skin very long. It's very creamy. I try to use a primer underneath and finishing powder on top so it will stay on. Still experimenting with this one.

I have no idea what to do with the Indi Beauty Antioxidant Lip Scrub.

The Pure Brazilian Leave In conditioner is a great idea, but I don't love the smell. It seems hit or miss whether someone is going to appreciate a particular fragrance.

Similar issue with the Noyah lipstick in Smoke—it's just not a color that I wear, though I appreciate their eco-friendly messaging and ingredient list. Smoke is a grayish-lavender color.

Here's my referral link if you're interested in signing up! https://www.ipsy.com/new?cid=ppage_ref&sid=link&refer=z8mno

No comments: