6*26*02


I know in advance I'm not going to get anything "useful" done tonight because my pal KG is coming over for dinner. It's so hot out my lip balm has melted. KG has promised to buy me ice cream. Here's an easy recipe, bachelors:
Pesto Pasta with Shrimp
-boil 1 pound of pasta--the kinky kind is better than the straight kind.
-thaw a little baggie of tiny (i.e. cheap) frozen shrimp, or open & drain a can of those weird little salad shrimp.
-get one of those 6 ounce containers of pesto. Trader Joe's sells cheap ones, and so does Bread & Circus sometimes. (Additional note: As of 2002 I would not pay more than $2.99 for 6 ounces of pesto. When you find it at this price stock up--it freezes well and is nice in sandwiches.)
Combine these three ingredients.
If you like add some sundried tomatoes (soak in the hot pasta water), a little cream, chopped-up artichoke hearts, bits of sauteed chicken, extra parmesan, steamed broccoli, whatnot.
I hope to post some of the already-published Bachelor's Kitchen episodes on the discontent site soon. Just as soon as I have several weeks to spare.
P.S. A great mp3 to get you cooking: http://www.craphound.com/peVdmr.mp3

No comments: