Makin' Candy, 2/1/05

In honor of the start of Black History Month, music with lots of soul.


  • St. Thomas: Sonny Rollins
  • Feelin' Good: Tal Ross
  • I am that I am: Peter Tosh
  • Keep Your Worries: Guru feat. Angie Stone
  • Love or Confusion: Jimi Hendrix
  • Freak of the Week: Funkadelic
  • Sai: Kanda Bongo Man
  • Hold Everything: Robert Lockwood, Jr.
  • Superfly: Curtis Mayfield
  • Beautiful Woman: Toots & the Maytals
  • Cholly (Funk Getting Ready to Roll): Funkadelic
  • Love of My Life: Erykah Badu
  • Too High: Stevie Wonder
  • Heygana: Ali Farka Toure
  • (All I Wanna Do Is) Lay Around and Love on You: Ray Charles
  • My Mind is Ramblin': Howling Wolf
  • Yield Not to Tempatation: Aretha Franklin
  • You're A Sweetheart: Dinah Washington
  • Dancing Shoes: Bob Marley & the Wailers
  • Mhondoro: Thomas Mapfumo & the Blacks Unlimited
  • Do You Know What it Means to Miss New Orleans: Billie Holiday
  • Confession: Shirley Horn
  • Dream a Little Dream: Ella & Basie
  • 13 (Death March): Jimmy Smith & Wes Montgomery
  • Warm Valley: Johnny Hodges
  • My Song: Hadda Brooks
  • Early Ev'ry Midnite: Roberta Flack

No comments: