Jazz Singers: Beef Jerky Time 9/27/06

This show produced entirely from the Smithsonian's 5-CD box set entitled "Jazz Singers." Besides the usual Frank & Ella & Louis & other stuff that I love, this collection has a lot of great songs from singers I've never heard of before. I tried to play more of these than not.


  • Tain't What You Do: Trummy Young
  • Give Me the Simple Life: Dakota Stanton
  • I Left My Baby: Jimmy Rushing
  • You're Driving Me Crazy: Joe Turner
  • Parker's Mood: King Pleasure
  • Babalu (Orooney): Slim Gaillard
  • Shakin' the African: Don Redman
  • Down for Double: Mel Tormé
  • Hogwash: Louis Jordan
  • Blues with Helen: Helen Humes
  • I Can't give You Anything But Love: Ethel Waters
  • Until the Real Thing Comes Along: Fats Waller
  • Jumpin' at the Woodside: Lambert, Hendricks & Ross
  • The Man from Harlem: Cab Calloway
  • Close Your Eyes (Shut Yo' Mouth): Slam Stewart/Major Holley
  • There's a Small Hotel: Joe Williams
  • Lotus Blossom: Julia Lee
  • Angel Eyes: Chris Connor

No comments: