Cowboy caviar

Perfect watermelon day

I guess if I write on January 4th that it's my birthday, one could do the math and figure out that July 4th is my HALF birthday. So I'm X-and-a-half today.


This cowboy caviar is blowing my mind. Someone brought it to work for a potluck and I HAD to have the recipe. See below.


Tostitos scoops are perfect for eating cowboy caviar. And they are multigrain no less.

Cowboy Caviar
  • 1 15 oz can black-eyed peas, drained
  • 1 11 oz can white shoe-peg corn, drained
  • 1 avocado, diced
  • 1⁄2 c diced fresh tomato
  • 1⁄4 c chopped garlic chives or regular chives
  • 1⁄2 c chopped cilantro
  • 1⁄4 c olive oil
  • 1⁄4 c red wine vinegar
  • 2 cloves garlic: pressed

Combine black-eyed peas, corn, avocado, tomatoes, chives and cilantro. Whisk together oil, vinegar and garlic separately to make dressing. Pour dressing over all. Refrigerate (stirring once in a while) for at least 4 hours, preferably 1 day.

Have a great fourth! Do you have a go-to dip or snack you like to have on this day?

No comments: