Just a September Sunday

A lot has changed lately, some great and some scary.

On the great side, I got a new job that starts tomorrow. I'm so excited about it. It's going to rock.

On the scary side, our sweet little state of Vermont was smacked by the remnants of Hurricane Irene (she was a tropical storm by the time she hit us and filled up all the little brooks to become raging flooding maniacs). Our town has come out OK, though some businesses, homes and roads were hit hard. The state is cleaning up, digging out, rebuilding, and keeping chins up.

Also, girl-child started kindergarten. That is very cool and she seems to love it. If she is anything like me she will adore school for many years.

I've been cooking plenty of good things, including freaking amazing milk-braised pork chops that we had with local sauerkraut and mashed potatoes.

With everything going on I just haven't had time to write a blog post lately. That's a shame, so I'm kickstarting myself with a photo essay about this morning.

Did you know that today, September 11, is Grandparent's Day? Our children are playing at their grandparents' right this minute (thanks J&J!). Also, it's the day my parents first met and started to fall in love. Also, I'm pretty sure a certain little girl in England is turning 5 today. There's plenty of light and life on this day, or any day, if we look for it.


Leaves starting to fall


Align CenterCurried lentil soup for dinner


Sunflowers hang their heavy heads


Happy sourdough rising


Summer gear abandoned


Tomatoes

Tomatoes, tomatoes, tomatoes

No comments: