Cold Radish-Feta Salad


I don't know why I feel I must specify this veggie salad is "cold," but that does seem to be a key part of it. Maybe it's July setting in! Cold Radish-Feta Salad could be a great side for Independence Day or any summer do. Happy July!

This recipe was inspired by someone else's contribution to a work potluck. Hers had grape tomatoes in it and probably other things. I fell in love with the chunky dice, the radish crunch, and the FETA-ness of the whole thing. Here's my version.

Ingredients:
  • 10 radishes (or so), large dice
  • 1 cucumber, large dice
  • 1/2 kohlrabi, medium dice
  • 2 ounces of feta cheese (somewhat less than a deck of cards in size)
  • your favorite dressing (I made my go-to vinaigrette*)
  • salt to taste (remembering that feta is super-salty)

I have been craving radishes this week. Is that weird?

Add cucumber pieces to radish pieces.

This is chopped kohlrabi, which we think tastes a little of radish, a little of apples.

Feta crumbled everywhere!

I drizzled on several tablespoons of vinaigrette, closed the container, and gave everything a shake.
To make this properly COLD, stick in the fridge for a few hours before serving.

A chilly respite on a summer's day.
I was stunned when my 2 children ate this as part of dinner with no question. They liked it!

Does that other side salad look tasty too? It's my Perfect Coleslaw!
Also eaten with pleasure by my children. Amazing.


* My go-to vinaigrette is: 1 crushed garlic clove, 1/4 cup red wine vinegar, 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon of dijon mustard, and a very generous shake of Jane's Krazy Mixed-Up Salt. Shake vigorously and you're done.

What summer side salads do you like?

No comments: