Perfect Coleslaw



A couple months ago I didn't know how to make coleslaw. I've been into cabbage because it's inexpensive (seems to be one of the cheapest vegetables per pound). Coleslaw seemed like a perfect way to eat the stuff... but how? So I told facebook, "I don't know how to make coleslaw." My sister-in-law responded almost immediately and told me all the secrets of good coleslaw making. Thanks, A! So this is my "in-law coleslaw" and I love it. I've been fiddling with the recipe since (proportions of dressing ingredients, whether cabbage should be shredded into ribbons or grated, addition of carrots, etc.). Here's the Perfect Coleslaw (in our house anyway!).

Ingredients
  • 1 T apple cider vinegar
  • 2 T mayonnaise
  • 1 T olive oil
  • 1 t dijon mustard
  • 1 t honey
  • 1/2 t celery seed
  • 4 dashes tabasco sauce
  • salt & pepper
  • 1/2 cabbage, shredded
  • 1 carrot, shredded
Assembly
  1. Whisk together everything except the cabbage and carrots.
  2. Fold in the shredded vegetables. (I shred in my food processor--super fast and easy.)
  3. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.

No comments: