Heifers! Preschool! Running!

This weekend in Brattleboro it's time for our now-large festival called Strolling of the Heifers. The party is starting downtown this very minute, with Main Street closed to traffic for the biggest and funnest of our monthly First Friday Gallery Walks. Also our local community radio station, WVEW, is having a Dance with a DJ party tonight from 7-10! The parade tomorrow (June 7, 2014) starts at 10am, and then there's an expo and performances and events around town for the rest of the day.

In other news, our littlest one completed his first year of preschool this week, which is just very adorable. Good job, little guy! I think your teachers love you.

And on the running note--it was National Running Day this week. I made myself a virtual badge.


It happened to be the bi-weekly Fun Run that day and my whole family came with me... for the first time! Our 2nd-grader had come with me twice before, but Papa & preschooler had not. We chose the 1-mile. Some of us walked much of the way, but we all finished before the 3-mile winner came in and that's what really counts.

I'm also working on a new running goal... the Runner's World Streak. Rules are you run at least 1 mile every day between Memorial Day and July 4. I worry that I'll forget a day, but so far so good. I'm not actually logging my miles through the magazine website, but I mark each day down on a paper calendar. 12 miles so far this week, 11 more likely.

I hope you have a great weekend! Now I'm off to make quinoa tabbouleh.

No comments: