- 1/2 cup organic raisins
- 8 dates, pits removed
- 1/4 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup dried goji berries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Place the raisins, dates, pepitas, and apricots in a food processor and blend until an oatmealish consistency--about a minute. In some food processors the mixture will start to form a ball and circulate in one mass, that's a good time to stop.
- Add the almond butter and goji berries. Process for about 20 seconds and check. You're looking to just blend in almond butter but not chop up the goji berries too much. Continue to process in short bursts if needed.
- Spread 1/2 cup coconut flakes on a plate. Pull walnut sized lumps of the fruit and nut mixture from the food processor, roll into a ball, and roll the ball in the coconut to loosely coat it.
I'm trying these out on my long runs as little bites to carry wrapped up in my pocket. Bonus: my children love them too as anytime snacks!