Dinner Gets Pinteresting

Oh hi! It seems to be April 2016 now. Spring is here. The hyacinths are blooming!

Also, we are eating dinner. Again. This seems to happen every day, and sometimes I don't quite know what to make. Today I had a piece of salmon and a red cabbage but no ideas, so I turned to Pinterest for inspiration. (Pinterest is basically a bulletin board of links to other places on the web, and I use it to find crafts, recipes, interior decorating, and clothing ideas.)

For the cabbage, I picked out Asian Slaw from Add a Pinch.

I didn't have green cabbage or sesame seeds, so I added fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice instead. That makes sense, right?


The food processor helped with the carrot & cabbage shredding.


 
 A dressing of Asian flavors, with rice vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, and sesame oil.



Asian Slaw is ready to go!


For the salmon, I chose Baked Salmon with Garlic and Dijon by Natasha's Kitchen. Didn't have parsley for this one, so I skipped it.


Dijon mustard, lemon juice & garlic are part of the mix.


 

I insist on Wild Alaskan Salmon, because it's sustainably caught and it tastes WAY better than farmed.


 

Brushing on the lemon-garlic mixture.



Popping in a super-hot oven to bake.


I also found a handy box of Near East quinoa blend in the cupboard, so that's our side dish.




Voila! Dinner is served.



PS, the salmon recipe blog makes a big point about putting foil under the fish. She's right. Not only does the foil make for easy clean-up, but the skin bakes to the foil meaning we could just peel the fillets right off. Perfect!



What about you, how do you solve dinner dilemmas? Do you like Pinterest?

No comments: