Lazing the Summer Away

I'm on vacation! First order of business was to attend a fabulous wedding and reconnect with some of my bestest friends from home. Then, 4 days all to myself wherein I did a ton of languishing chores and set up a little basement workshop area for myself where I can sew and be crafty any time. I have already hemmed one entire pair of pants. The weather has been perfect--high clear summer days shading into fall (that is, not too hot). There are still a lot of things on my to-do list for the week, thanks to Labor Day I still have 3 more days off coming my way. Being on vacation is really, perhaps inordinately, exciting. If only I could take off weeks and weeks like a French person.

Here are a load of Beef Jerky Time playlists, for the record...
Music for Calculators show, 8/13/08--your multi-function calculator from high school came to life and DJ'd this show
  • Mobira: Printed Circuit
  • Number 1: Goldfrapp
  • Married Young (The Glass remix): Robbers on High STreet
  • The Move: Boom Bip
  • Nobody Lost, Nobody Found: Cut Copy
  • Disco Infiltrator: LCD Soundsystem
  • IMpossible: Figurine
  • Escaping the Game Grid: Technicolor
  • Disconnect the Dots: Of Montreal
  • Mecha-Mania Boy: Devo
  • Around the World: Daft Punk
  • Casium: Marumaki


Show from 8*20*08, including a Gorilla set
  • Sad Song: Au Revoir Simone
  • Pom Pom: Matthew Dear
  • I Was Never Young: Of Montreal
  • Think I Wanna Die: Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin
  • Sky Saw: Brian Eno
  • Blue Black Jack: Mos Def f/Shuggie Otis
  • Breakdance: Irene Cara
  • The Gorilla: Dee Jay & the Runaways
  • Gorilla Girl: The Dead Milkmen
  • Kids with Guns: Gorillaz
  • Warlock: Red Hot Chili Peppers
  • Oh Sheila: Ready for the World
  • Cold Star: The Hectors
  • Astronaut: Shy Child
  • Bag of Hammers: Thao Nguyen
  • Think: Medeski Martin & Wood


Show from 8*27*08, 80s nite
  • You Spin Me Round (Like a Record): Dead or Alive
  • I Would Die 4 U: Prince
  • Tarzan Boy: Baltimora
  • Can't Fight This Feeling: REO Speedwagon
  • Let's Go all the Way: Sly Foxx
  • Good Thing: Fine Young Cannibals
  • PYT: Michael Jackson
  • Hello Again: The Cars
  • Sunglasses at Night: Corey Hart
  • I Wanna Be a Cowboy: Boys Don't Cry
  • Things Will Only Get Better: Howard Jones
  • Bizarre Love Triangle: New Order
  • theme from "Crocodile Dundee"

No comments: