National Women's History Month


March is National Women's History Month, as the Web site at www.nwhp.org will tell you. So all tracks for this edition of Beef Jerky Time are by women. It made for a really fresh and amazing show. The new St. Vincent in particular, from her album which drops May 5, is blowing me away this week. SO GOOD. Click right below to stream from her Myspace page!

3*18*09 playlist
  • The Strangers: St. Vincent
  • God Has a Voice, She Speaks Through Me: CocoRosie
  • We Got the Beat: Go-Go's
  • Boyz: M.I.A.
  • Big Guns: Jenny Lewis & the Watson Twins
  • Let It Fall: Lykke Li
  • Fantastic Cat: Takako Minekawa
  • My Favorite Town Osaka: Shonen Knife
  • 1000 20th Century Chairs: Kahimi Karie
  • Anticipate: Ani diFranco
  • Mule Skinner Blues: Dolly Parton
  • Unstoppable: Santogold
  • Wuthering Heights: Kate Bush
  • Birds of Prey: Von Iva
  • The Greatest: Cat Power
Just one regret--that I didn't discover Róisín Murphy in time to play her on this show. She is my new icon. Witness her moves in this video right around the 1 minute mark.

2 comments:

Justine said...

great playlist; my favs are Boyz, Big Guns, and Unstoppable.

"Prof. Kitty" said...

Thanks--Unstoppable has been unstoppably stuck in my head. Still loving that album. I even put it on my running mix...