Running: The Soundtrack

Have you heard the news? SPRING might possibly be here. Soonish. Here's my evidence. Planted it last fall, never expecting this day to come!! (!!!) !!



I started running again. It seems to take a couple weeks for my body to get used to the new attention. At first I get chest pains, then skeletal pains (back, joints). Then things settle down and I start to get faster and fitter. For the record, I'm in the skeletal pains portion right now.

My new ipod (free from the bank, it's the new steak knife!) is really helping both my running and my commuting. I fill it up with lots of tunes and podcasts. I've arranged a bunch of high-octane songs into a running mix that really keeps me going faster and longer than I can go without music. Sometimes if I hit a really good song I even get a runner's high. It's a fabulous feeling that only happens now and then. And listening to loud fast music is definitely a requirement. (It feels like having 3 perfect espressos hit all at once, my scalp gets all tingly and I can GO! Then it goes away.)

Last week's Beef Jerky Time (3/11/09) was a little review of the more radio-friendly songs from my running playlist:
  • Lazy Lover (Brazilian Girls Free mix): Brazilian Girls
  • L.E.S. Artistes (XXXChange remix): Santogold
  • Make It So (XXXChange remix): Daedalus
  • Far Away: Cut Copy
  • Great DJ: The Ting Tings
  • Banquet: Bloc Party
  • Bubble Pop Electric: Gwen Stefani (f. Johnny Vulture)
  • Around the World: Daft Punk
  • Ray of Light: Madonna
  • Fa-Fa-Fa: Datarock
  • Fergalicious: Fergie

No comments: