It's berry time. Late strawberries are still to be found, early blueberries are starting up, and raspberries are in full swing. It is like the trifecta of berries. I really only like super fresh fruit, and berries best of all, so I am very happy. Above, the blueberries and strawberries are from the Brattleboro Farmer's market. The raspberries are from Grandma's garden, we have been getting them fresh-picked all week and they're AMAZING!
Here's what I do with berries:
- garnish cereal, ice cream, yogurt
- eat them plain by the handful
- dole them out in small containers as healthy snacks
- accept them doled out in small containers by others
- have them with shortcake and whipped cream (strawberries in particular)
- arrange them on waffles, mini cheesecakes or other baked desserts
- cook them
- mash them
- freeze them
- make syrup
More good news: peaches are also showing up at the farmer's market, as well as Sungold tomatoes. Oh yum!