- 1 T olive oil
- 1/2 head green cabbage, sliced thin (I used the slicer attachment on the Cuisinart)
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 T butter
- 1/2 chicken bouillon cube, crumbled (I use Knorr cubes, which are soft and crumbly)
- 2 sausages of your choice (I used chicken-mushroom from the local coop)
- Heat oil in skillet on medium-low heat, add cabbage.
- Pour water over the cabbage, add butter and crumble bouillon cube over all. Cover and let steam-fry for 5".
- Stir, make sure there is water left (if not, add some). Cover for five more minutes.
- Stir again. Cabbage should be very soft and wilty, but not browning (because of the water). Leave the cover off and move the cabbage to make space for sausages. Turn up the heat a little.
- Cook and turn the sausages until they are done, maybe 10 more minutes depending on the size of your links.
- When the liquid starts to steam off completely, the cabbage will start to brown. Try to time this so it happens pretty close to the end. (In other words, if the cabbage is drying out and the sausage is not done yet, add a bit more water.)
We had this with buttered quinoa. It was all very beige but a flavor explosion.