Google & iTunes rethunk

It has come to my attention that maybe Google isn't ALL THAT. BoingBoing usually has good posts about what sneaky things the Googs are up to, and they also link to Google Blogoscoped which is already more than I want to know about the issue. If you don't want to use Google because you don't want to get involved with search-term records or cookies or access logs or censorship issues, you can still use Google via Scroogle, which I understand is set up to ping Google with your search requests without actually keeping track of you. By the way, thanks Google for buying and hosting my blog...

Another online discovery is the iTunes music store. Yes, I'm a very very late adopter on this one. I am only now discovering the joy of downloading songs for 99 cents each. I have spent almost 4 dollars so far and it feels so CRAZY, like I'm dumping my life savings into the penny slots in Vegas, one damn penny at a time!

Here's last week's playlist for Beef Jerky Time (1/24/07)--the children's show.
  • Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries theme
  • See You on the Moon: Great Lake Swimmers
  • Peter Pan: Sunshine Day
  • The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers: Winnie the Pooh s/t
  • Yodelers: Raggedy Ann and Andy
  • Little Hiawatha: Disney 7"
  • "The Bean, the Straw and the Coal": narrated by Danny Kaye
  • Algebra Spaghetti: Mild Euphoria
  • Chim Chim Cheree: Bill Lee, from the Mary Poppins s/t
  • The Friendly Beasts: Sufjan Stevens
  • I Had a Rooster: Pete Seeger
  • The Great Stone Fire Eater: narrated by Christine Price
  • Berceuse: Gaubert (Bob Johnson, piano; Julia Older, flute)
  • New Sound: Tony Borello

No comments: