Chicken salsa chili


This was originally going to be a taco-flavored chicken/salsa stew, but I put in some beans as an afterthought and it turned into chili. Pretty good for 6 ingredients!

Ingredients
  • 1 jar Mrs. Renfro's peach salsa
  • 6-8 chicken thighs, boneless, skinless, chunks
  • chili powder
  • 1/2 chicken bouillon cube
  • 1 can (15 oz) black beans
  • olive oil
  • water
Assembly
  • Brown chicken in olive oil, sprinkle with chili powder while you're browning (maybe about 1 t total, or more).
  • Put chicken in slow cooker and cover with salsa. Add black beans. Break up bouillon as best you can and sprinkle around. Pour water over all until the mixture is about the consistency you want your chili.
  • Cook on low for 8+ hours. Serve over white rice.
I also made cornbread on the side slathered with butter and honey. Outstanding.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Mmm - looks delicious. Great photos!

"Prof. Kitty" said...

Hey thanks! I've been having fun with Picasa effects (finally gave up on Flickr, yay).

Unknown said...

My wife and I just made this recipe but we had to use the Pomegranate Chipoltle instead of the Peach salsa.
Turned out great!!!

"Prof. Kitty" said...

jmh, I'm glad, and thanks for the tip! Probably any kind of fruit salsa would be great. My goal was to make something the preschooler would eat, not too tomato-y I guess!