Vodka Sauce Fettucine with Shrimp



This is the next post to come out of the great food blog gift I got earlier this month. It was Wednesday night, and that means when I get home I have about 45 minutes to throw dinner together for the family, eat it, and get ready for my radio show Beef Jerky Time which starts at 7. I had no real dinner ideas until I remembered the fresh-dried fettucine and the vodka sauce that was part of the gift. Perfect! The fettucine takes only 3 minutes to cook (after spending 15 minutes boiling a big pot of water). The vodka sauce was tasty. It doesn't really taste like vodka (I've made it before but couldn't remember), but it does have a strong, unique flavor that goes well with the creamy tomatoes. I think this is one of those recipes where the cheaper and rawer the vodka, the better the results. I also had a few shrimps lying around (yeah, who doesn't!?) so I sautéed them up quickly in butter and lemon juice and put them on the side. I also covered everything with parsley because that's my green for the week. It was on the table by 6:30 and I made it to my show on time... as always.

While I'm at it, here's the playlist for that show: 1*14*09, a block of Australian pop was featured (I'll shade it teal for your reference).
  • Are You Sure?: A Block of Yellow
  • Juicy: Rafter
  • Strange Times: The Black Keys
  • Churches Under the Stairs: Brendan Canning
  • Something is Not Right With Me: Cold War Kids
  • Talk Like That: The Presets
  • Kelly: Van She
  • Strangers (Van She Tech remix): Van She
  • Ice Cream (Van She Tech remix): New Young Pony Club
  • 1234 (Van She Tech remix): Feist
  • Remember Me: Tame Impala
  • Sunrise: Yeasayer
I got kind of excited about Van She while planning this show. Here's the video for their breakout song, "Kelly":

No comments: