- 1 boneless chicken breast
- 1 T finely chopped scallions or garlic scapes or chives
- 1 large handful fresh parsley, loosely chopped
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/2 cup (or more) shredded cheese of your choice
- 2 large wraps, whole wheat or spinach maybe
- 4 T sour cream
- 1/2 avocado, sliced lengthwise
- 2 T favorite salsa
- 1 large handful fresh cilantro, loosely chopped
Step 1: Remove the chicken tenderloin from the underside of the breast and butterfly the rest of it (cut it in half sideways). Slice the 3 resulting pieces crossways into strips. Meanwhile, heat the oven to 350˚.
Step 2: Heat the olive oil in a nonstick pan until it's good and hot (but not smoking). Throw in the chicken and the scallions. Stir around until chicken is lightly browned on all sides. Then, add parsley and turn down heat.
Step 3: Put the 2 wraps on a cookie sheet and arrange a line of cheese down the middle of each. Arrange a line of chicken on top of the cheese and put it in the oven for about 5 minutes--until the cheese has just started to melt.
Step 4: Finish up each wrap. Put 2 T sour cream, avocado, salsa and chopped cilantro on top of each. Roll and eat. Serves 2.
Here's one just before the handful of cilantro.
Here it is again with cilantro. This is the MINIMUM amount of cilantro to use!!
Here's mine on the way to my mouth.
I'm submitting this cilantro recipe to Weekend Herb Blogging, hosted this week by Mele Cotte. Thanks!