Best Singles of 2008

This year my weekly radio show, Beef Jerky Time, really concentrated on ferreting out a certain kind of pop. I like lots of layers, strange noises and as much 80s synth nostalgia as possible. Here is a highly subjective list of the 15 Best Songs From My Show for 2008. Each comes from an album released in 2008. They're supposed to be in chronological order by release date, not order of preference.

Keep Your Eyes Ahead: Helio Sequence
Beat (Health, Life and Fire): Thao with the Get Down Stay Down
M79: Vampire Weekend
Time to Pretend: MGMT
On the Lam: Panther
Stop Being Perfect: The LK
Think I Wanna Die: Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin
So Haunted: Cut Copy
Little Bit: Lykke Li
L.E.S. Artistes (XXXChange remix): Santogold
Fugaz: The Pinker Tones
GfC: Albert Hammond Jr
My Alarm: New Faces
Shaded Forest: Deastro
Balloons: Foals

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Here's to a fabulous 2009. Cheers!

1 comment:

Joie de vivre said...

Happy New Year Kitty!