Happy birthday, Frank

Francis Albert Sinatra was born in Hoboken, NJ, 93 years ago on December 12, 1915. He's one of my major idols. I know he maybe wasn't a great guy to everyone, but his voice is so fabulous that's all I care about. I'm also a big fan of his messed-up and gorgeous second wife, Ava Gardner. This week's Beef Jerky Time was my annual tribute to the life and work of the Chairman of the Board. I do tend to like the Swingin' Sinatra from the 60s--arranged by Nelson Riddle or on Reprise Records or both. GOOD STUFF. Here's the meagre playlist (aired 12*10*08), just a tiny slice from so many great options:
  • I've Got the World On a String
  • I'll Be Seeing You
  • It's Only A Paper Moon
  • You're Driving Me Crazy
  • Mistletoe & Holly
  • My Baby Just Cares for Me
  • Always
  • Nice 'n Easy
  • Makin' Whoopie
  • Our Love Affair
  • Pennies from Heaven
  • Saturday Night is the Loneliest Night of the Week
  • I Believe
  • I've Got You Under My Skin
  • Luck Be a Lady
  • I Won't Dance
  • The Continental
  • Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

No comments: