You just can't go wrong with 80s music

It was the day before Thanksgiving. I was feeling a bit excitable. So Beef Jerky Time, my weekly radio show, became an 80s party full of the vinyl hits that I love. There's the new wave stuff that we all remember--lots of synthesizer and handclaps. There's also the pickup truck music: I mean the "hockey hair" and acid-wash-jeans arena rock. And then there are the pure America's Top 40 confections and weirdnesses that Kasey Kasem would shuffle up for us each week. Can you tell which is which? Does it matter any more?! It's ALL good. Here's the playlist!
  • 1984: Van Halen
  • The Sun Always Shines on TV: a-ha
  • Mickey: Toni Basil
  • I Go Crazy: Flesh for Lulu
  • Word Up: Cameo
  • Jenny/867-5309: Tommy Tutone
  • Friend or Foe: Adam Ant
  • Please Please Tell Me Now: Duran Duran
  • Let's Go to Bed: The Cure
  • PYT: Michael Jackson
  • Tenderness: General Public
  • Automatic: Pointer Sisters
  • Heat of the Moment: Asia
  • Mexican Radio: Wall of Voodoo
  • Everything's Gone Green: New Order

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just spent a lot of time on iTunes taking a mini trip back in time. Some of those bring back some great memories! Thanks for sharing.

"Prof. Kitty" said...

Thanks for the note! I do love musical time travel too. Some of these (and beloved others) just take me right back. I miss the 80s!