Whole30 Day 4=Chicken, Day 4

So far on this program I've eaten the same comfort food every day--sliced chicken breast fried in hot ghee, with acorn squash and "Slap Ya Mama" seasoning. It is so satisfying at mid-day. I left out the chicken part yesterday, but then had chicken stew for dinner. So that's four days of chicken, yo.

Sweet potatoes, salsa omelette, yummy black tea
BLACK COFFEE
My comfort food: fried chicken (in ghee) with acorn squash
and hot pepper powder.
Salad. I forgot to take a picture, but here are two radish roots that I didn't eat.
Apple. It looks so mini! It is normal size really.
Mustard-coated oven-roasted salmon, steamed broccoli, roasted green beans.

Day 4 reflections: I still haven't had a "hangover" or sluggish feeling that some people talk about. I don't know if it's coming later or what. Apparently feeling extremely tired is also a first-week symptom, but I'm doing OK. I do have mild mental lapses--usually in the early afternoon and/or late evening. I can't remember what I was just doing, or I have thoughts and then wonder if they are maybe totally bizarre ones from the diet or if they're normal and I just can't tell. It feels a bit like having too much coffee. The acorn squash dish seems to help balance me out with those.

My running streak--another September goal--is going well by the way.

Have you been doing any September transformations? New routine, new school year, cleaning, organizing, that kind of thing?

Thanks for reading my relentless Whole30 posts! More to come!

No comments: